Adult/College Student Part Time
Before/After Care Activity Specialist - College Student/Adult Employee
- Are you kind, caring, dependable, and energetic?
- Do you like making a difference in the lives of students?
- Do you want to work and have evenings and weekends free?
- Our Eagle's Nest Before- and After-School Child Care is looking for adults to join our team.
- Free tuition for your Kindergarten through 5th grade NAPLS student during your scheduled shift!
- Morning AND/OR afternoon shifts are available.
To apply: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Work Days:
New Albany-Plain Local School District Calendar school days for the 2023-2024 school year, plus possible staff development days
Morning (6:15 AM- 9:15/9:30 AM) and /or afternoon (2:45/3:15 PM - 6:15/6:30 PM) shifts Monday through Friday
Full day staff orientation- first training date is Saturday August 12, 2023 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successfully pass state and federal background checks
- Ability to obtain an annual Ohio Department of Education Monitor Permit
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, a cooperative mindset and high level of energy
- Exemplify compassion for and an inclusive approach with a diverse student population and coworkers
- Previous experience working with children preferred but not required
- Commitment to following state and local health mandates and guidelines both on and off campus
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Follow procedures to safeguard the physical and emotional health and safety of children
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with children, coworkers, families, and the NAPLS community
- Provide exemplary customer service to our families and visitors
- Assist Coordinator and Site Supervisor in the implementation of program activities
- Prepare the student environment, including activity areas, outdoors, and eating spaces
- Supervise and interact with children outdoors for extended periods of time in varied weather conditions
- Demonstrate understanding of current childcare practices and philosophy through training/experience
- Demonstrate a full range of motion to lift, reach, squat, climb, sit, walk, jog, swim or otherwise fully participate in any/all activities
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned
$15 per hour, commensurate with experience
Coordinator of the Before/After School Care Program