Skip To Main Content

Campus Building History

It may be hard to believe, but many of the New Albany - Plain Local School District campus buildings are now over 20 years in age or are approaching that age.

Please see a brief history below of the buildings that make up the New Albany - Plain Local Schools campus and their dates of construction. 
Based on the configuration of buildings for 2022-23 school year.

1925
Annex, constructed in 1925 - currently no students.

  • Housing departments, custodial, technology and food service
  • Provides storage for grounds crew vehicles equipment, etc.
  • Houses the New Albany Food Pantry

1994
High School, multiple buildings and capacity with all buildings up to 1500

  • Main academic constructed in 1994, addition in 2004
  • Arts Building,constructed in 1994
  • Gymnasium Bldg, constructed in 1994
  • Library/Media bldg, constructed in 1994

1999
Primary School (formerly the 2-5 Building), built in 1999

  • Capacity is approx. 1200
  • Housing grades 1 thru 3

2001
Middle School, built in 2001-2002

  • Capacity 1200
  • Housing grades 7 & 8

Middle & High School Cafeteria/Gymnasium 2001-2002

  • Building houses cafeteria service for middle and high school
  • Gymnasium is for middle school

2004
Early Learning Center (formerly K-1), built in 2002

  • Capacity at any one point in time seeing that it houses 1/2 day kindergarten programs and all day first grade is 489 students.
  • In 2016-17 approx. 650 there now seeing that all but three classes of kindergarten were 1/2 day programs.
  • Capacity - 600

2008
McCoy Center built in 2008

  • Partnership between the district, the City of New Albany & Plain Township
  • Managed by the Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) 

2015
Intermediate School (formerly the 2-8 Building), fully open in 2015

  • Capacity 1200
  • Housing grades 4 thru 6
     

Administrative Office