Welcome to New Albany High School Theatre
Support NAHS Theatre Boosters at the annual rummage sale - Oct. 12
Our 2019-2020 Season
NA Theatre believes that the dramatic arts are an essential academic subject that help prepare students for college and career readiness. The theatre program functions as a core curricular area and produces well-rounded and civically-engaged theatrical artists. Every student has the opportunity to participate in a meaningful theatrical experience that cultivates the aesthetic, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of the child.
The arts, specifically theatre, teach students invaluable 21st-century skills like:
- Agility and adaptability
- Collaboration across networks
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Curiosity and imagination
These skills will enable them to thrive not only in their chosen profession but, most importantly, in life.
NA Theatre cultivates four artistic processes that are the way the brain and body make art and define the link between art-making and the learner.
- Creating: Conceiving and developing new artistic ideas and work.
- Performing: Realizing artistic ideas and work through interpretation and presentation.
- Responding: Understanding and evaluating how the arts convey meaning.
- Connecting: Relating artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and external context.
These processes are rigorously honed through the NA Theatre's productions and its curriculum, beginning with Introduction to Drama and Stagecraft. The curriculum continues with Acting the Method and is followed by Honors Actor's Studio. It concludes with Introduction to the Theatre - KC, which is a collegiate level course taught through Kenyon College's KAP program. More information about each of these classes can be found on their individual pages.
New Albany High School Theatre Department
Calendar at a Glance
- Tea with Belle, November 16
- Beauty and the Beast, November 21 at 7 p.m., November 22 at 7 p.m., November 23 at 2 p.m. & 7 p.m.
It's a Wonderful Life - A Live Radio Play by Joe LandryFriday, December 13 & Saturday, December 14 at 7 p.m.
- 24 Hour Theatre
Peter and the StarcatcherThursday, April 23Friday, April 24Saturday, April 25Sunday, April 26Thursday, April 30Friday, May 1Saturday, May 2
Sunday, May 3McCoy Community Center for the Arts - Mershad Hall
ShowcaseFriday, May 15