Issue 42 - The Basics
ISSUE 42 PASSES - Thank You!
On behalf of the New Albany-Plain Local Schools Board of Education, administration, staff, and students, we wish to express our sincere gratitude and thanks to our community for their generous and continued support of the school district with the passage of Issue 42. During the next five years, this general permanent improvements levy will support the repair and replacement of roofs, heating and cooling systems, technology infrastructure, buses, and safety and security systems.
The school district will continue to demonstrate fiscal responsibility as we repair, maintain, and replace these capital assets on our school campus during the next five years. We sincerely wish to thank all the volunteers and donors for their work and support during this capital improvements levy campaign. Your efforts and the support of our taxpayers will benefit students attending the New Albany-Plain Local Schools for years to come.
Thank you for your support!
John McClelland Michael Sawyers
Board of Education President Superintendent
Issue 42 is the New Albany - Plain Local Schools request for a Permanent Improvement Levy that will last for only five years.
Roofing Needs Video - Superintendent Michael Sawyers
Transportation Video - Superintendent Michael Sawyers
Heating & Cooling Video - Superintendent Michael Sawyers
Technology Infrastructure Video - Superintendent Michael Sawyers
Safety & Security Video - Superintendent Michael Sawyers
The Basics Video from Superintendent Michael Sawyers
The ballot issue will appear on the ballot for the November 7, 2017 General Election.
Five Years for $5.8 million
Repair, replace, & maintain our school campus
- Our school buildings, facilities and equipment support the learning of nearly 5,000 students.
- The District needs to repair and replace safety/security equipment, roofs, heating and cooling, buses and technology infrastructure during the next five years.
- With this levy the district can maintain the investment of the community in the campus at an annual cost of less than 1% of its value.
- 2.5 mills of the school district's debt service is ROLLING-OFF tax bills on January 1, 2018. This will SAVE taxpayers more than $7 per month per $100,000 of home valuation.
- Some of the district school buildings and assets are 20+ years old.
- The district must devote money to make critical repairs and replace assets over the next five years.
How Much Will It Cost?
- The district is requesting 1.25 mills for five years of capital repairs and replacements which will cost taxpayers less than $4 per month per $100,000 of home valuation.
- The district would collect $1,172,815.59 annually over the next five years. This amount DOES NOT INCREASE even if property tax valuations rise.
- By law, this five year "permanent improvement levy" can only be used for capital repairs and replacements. It will expire after five years.
Information presented at the Board Meeting on September 25, 2017
Watch the Board Meeting video here
Get involved - Volunteer
Join us on September 26, 2017
New Albany Intermediate School
177 N. High St. New Albany