Welcome to the Early Learning Center PTO!
The New Albany ELC Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) works as a partner with administrators, faculty and staff to ensure that our school continues to be a great place for our children to grow and learn!
Our mission is to supplement and enrich the educational experience of all students attending New Albany Early Learning Center. Our organization coordinates fundraising and volunteer efforts that directly benefit the school and students. The ELC PTO purchases and supports activities and school enhancements that would not be covered by the school budget.
Becoming a member is a great way to become involved and to help your child’s school. We are a 503c organization, so your membership is tax deductible. If you would like to volunteer, please email and let us know!
You are encouraged to contact any Executive Board member with your comments, questions or concerns at email@example.com.
On behalf of the entire board, we extend our warmest welcome and look forward to working with you.
ELC Board Election News:
The ELC PTO (along with the Primary and Intermediate PTOs) will be utilizing Google forms to clearly communicate all open board seats, committee leads and committee members roles. This information will be shared with the nominating committee, which is led by the current President and made up of current Board members.
We want to ensure that ALL parents currently in the ELC and those matriculating during the upcoming school year have the opportunity to express their interest in the open roles. The open Board seats are noted on the Google Form.
Here is a breakdown of the process:
1) All nomination forms must be received by Monday, April 19th at noon. To nominate yourself, complete the Google Form.
2) All candidates will be announced to PTO members by Wednesday, April 21st.
3) If there is more than one person interested in a role, they will be contacted prior to April 21st. If multiple people would like the same role, a vote by the PTO membership will occur for that role only. Online voting will start on April 21st and close on April 23rd at noon.
4) When there is only one candidate for a board seat, that candidate will be part of a slate which will be approved by the current PTO Executive Board on Thursday, May 6th
5) New Board will be announced after May 6th meeting and begin preparations for 2021-2022
Board Member Time Commitment:
- Board seats are for a one-year term, with an optional second-year.
- - Monthly time commitment varies by position and time of year - usually 5-10 hours/month, though there may be times during the school year where more or less hours are required
- Board members will need to attend board meetings; either in-person or via Zoom, during the late afternoon (to allow for administrator and teacher participation). Currently, ELC Board meetings are the first Thursday of the month at 4pm.For questions about specific roles or the election process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.