Welcome to the Middle School Counseling Department
NAMS School Counselors Believe:
- All students have the right to be respected, be treated with dignity and have access to a comprehensive school counseling program that advocates for and affirms all students from diverse populations.
- All students have the right to understand the full magnitude and meaning of his/her educational choices and how those choices will impact future opportunities.
- All students have the right to privacy and thereby the right to expect the counselor-student relationship to comply with all laws, policies, and ethical standards pertaining to confidentiality in the school setting.
What Do School Counselors Do?
- School counselors work to deliver a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate program that addresses the social, emotional, career and academic needs of every student.
- School counselors deliver services to support students success in three ways:
- Guidance Curriculum
- Individual Student Planning
- Responsive Services
Statement of Confidentiality
To respect the rights and relationships of students, information shared with the counselor will remain confidential with the exception of student safety.