Class of 2021 Graduation Information
Dear Class of 2021 Families,
We invite you to attend our Senior Recognition and Senior Walk on May 28, at 1:00 p.m. in the NAHS Eagle Stadium, 7600 Fodor Road. During the Senior Recognition, our seniors will be acknowledged for their achievements and have an opportunity to celebrate with their classmates. The event concludes with seniors taking their final walk around the high school campus.
Your attendance at the event would be appreciated by our students. All participants are asked to continue to adhere to health and safety protocols required for our school campus. Effective May 26, 2021, facial coverings while outdoors on school property, at school related activities or events shall be optional unless otherwise enacted by a health order or by law. We ask you to maintain proper social distancing, and sit in family groups in the stadium. Hand sanitizer stations will be available. Parking is limited but available in the Fodor Road lots or the Church of the Resurrection parking lots or public street spaces available near Market Square.
Our goal is to safely recognize and honor our seniors through this tradition and we hope you will join us to celebrate the Class of 2021!
Class of 2021 Graduation
Saturday, June 5, 2021 - 10:00 a.m.
330 Huntington Park Ln
Columbus, OH 43215
Doors open at 9:00 a.m. and the Graduation Ceremony begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. Graduates report at 7:30 a.m. at the high school to ride buses to Huntington Park. After the ceremony, parents will meet Graduates outside the stadium on Huntington Park Lane and students will ride home with families. The ceremony will be approximately 2 hours.
Tickets are required for admission. Each graduate may select up to 10 tickets.
Tickets are available starting at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 26 through Wednesday, June 2 at 11:59 p.m. To reserve tickets, students must use their school email account (napls.us) domain name. Tickets can be accessed here.
Before selecting your seats, change the quantity needed at the top.
Select your seats. Stage will be near second base area.
If you need Handicap Accessible or Mobility Impaired seats, toggle on the Mobility Impaired button in the top middle of the screen.
Upon checkout, follow directions to access your tickets. Tickets will be available on mobile devices only.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Pay to Park is available at several locations in the Arena District. Please visit the Arena District website to learn more on the parking options for your family and guests. Parking near Huntington Park will be $5.00.
Live Steaming Available
For friends and family that aren't able to attend in person, please visit our District YouTube page to enjoy the live streaming of the Graduation Ceremony, available at approximately 9:50 a.m.
Graduating seniors could select a NAPLS staff or faculty member to give them their diploma during the ceremony, which is a huge honor for selected staff members. For this to be a smooth process, students will be alphabetized by the staff member they selected. This will ensure seamless transitions and an orderly ceremony. Please check with your student to find out who is giving them their diploma so you are aware of when they will walk across the stage.
Health and Safety Protocols - Effective June 2, 2021:
- Facial coverings while indoors or outdoors on school property, at school related activities or events, or while participating in school transportation services shall be optional unless otherwise enacted by a health order or by law.
No student, faculty or staff member, or visitor shall be requested to wear a facial covering or to involuntarily disclose their vaccination status for any reason.
Any student, faculty or staff member, or visitor shall not be subject to discrimination, ridicule, or questioning for electing to voluntarily wear a facial covering on school property, at any school activity or event or while traveling to/from school daily
- We have confirmed with Huntington Park that masks are not required at the facility after June 2nd. Therefore, masks are optional for graduation.
FOR STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
Graduation Day – June 5, 2021
STUDENTS ARRIVE AT NAHS GYM NO LATER THAN 7:30 A.M.
On the graduation date – Saturday, June 5 – graduating seniors must arrive on time. Upon arrival at 7:30 a.m., students are to report to the NAHS gym for attendance and final announcements. Any graduate who is not in place at that time will have his/her name deleted from the graduation list and his/her diploma will be “pulled.” From that time forward, any senior who arrives late will not be placed in line. Therefore, they will not participate in the graduation ceremony. We will then load the school buses to travel to Huntington Park.
- Senior “Last Ride” Permission Slip.
- Please click the link, complete the form and submit the permission slip, if you have not already done so.
DRESS REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION (under
Graduates should wear business casual attire under their graduation gown. Dresses, trousers (no jeans), neck ties, shirts with a collar, are all appropriate options. Please note that NO heels are permitted for graduates at Huntington Park. Wedges and other dress shoes are permissible.
Graduation caps are not to be decorated. Also, we may not have extra tassels so make sure students bring and keep their tassels with them before the ceremony.
The graduation ceremony is a privilege, not a right. Please note that violations of the student code of conduct could result in the denial of participation in the ceremony. Involvement in pranks may result in the loss of a senior’s participation in graduation.
Students are encouraged to not bring a purse, book bag, or other valuable items because there is not a secure location for storage during the graduation ceremony for such items. Thank you for your cooperation and adherence to these guidelines.
Please note that seniors must meet all obligations to graduate. Graduates and families have many responsibilities currently. We encourage you to stay in contact with teachers to ensure that all requirements are being met and that graduation is not in jeopardy.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR SENIORS & PARENTS
- SENIOR PICTURE AND REHEARSAL: Friday, June 4, 2021 starting at 1:00 p.m. in the NAHS Gymnasium.
- SENIORS WHO DO NOT ATTEND GRADUATION REHEARSAL MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTUAL GRADUATION CEREMONY.
- RETURN OF ALL ITEMS:
- Who: All Seniors (VLP and In Person Students)
- What: Textbook, Library Book, and Technology Drop Off
- When: May 26-28 between the hours of 8:00-10:15am and 12:00-2:30pm
- Where: Lower rotunda of HS Library
- Why: You’re graduating!
- If a teacher assigned you a textbook, please return the textbook to that teacher.
- If you are testing after May 28, please return your textbook to the teacher who signed it out to you and your technology to the main office.
- PAYMENT OF FEES/FINES:
- Any and all fees/fines must be paid in full no later than May 28, 2021 at 3:00 PM. This includes any fines or charges for textbooks, library books, AP testing fees, class or CCP fees, extracurricular or athletic fees or roll over balances from previous years.
- STUDENTS WHO DO NOT FULFILL FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS BY May 28 MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY.
- In addition to paying in person, you now have the option to pay fees online using your Mastercard or Visa – Debit or Credit Card. Please visit PaySchoolsCentral.com and follow the instructions. If you are having trouble using PaySchoolsCentral.com, please call the high school office.
High School Administration