About School Counseling at NAPLS
School counselors at New Albany-Plain Local Schools play a vital role in the lives of our students. School counseling also looks different from building to buidling. For example, at New Albany High School counseling is focused on college and career choices, scheduling of classes and career pathway exploration in addition to social emotional well-being. At other buildings, counselors are focused on the social and emotional needs of students, positive behavioral reinforcement and more. It can be as simple as helpiing student to make good choices.
Click the links below to learn more about our school counselors by building.
The New Albany High School counseling program is a comprehensive and collaborative program centered on educational planning, career education, and personal-social development. The counseling program recognizes that the collaboration of teachers, counselors, parents, and if needed, external resources, is vital in assisting each student develop to their potential. Counseling is delivered through individual and group settings to assist students with:
- decision-making skills
- coping strategies
- drug and alcohol resistance
- diversity awareness
- managing stress
- relationships with others
- test-taking skills
- career exploration and planning
- educational planning
New Albany Middle School
NAMS School Counselors Believe:
- All students have the right to be respected, be treated with dignity and have access to a comprehensive school counseling program that advocates for and affirms all students from diverse populations.
- All students have the right to understand the full magnitude and meaning of his/her educational choices and how those choices will impact future opportunities.
- All students have the right to privacy and thereby the right to expect the counselor-student relationship to comply with all laws, policies, and ethical standards pertaining to confidentiality in the school setting.
New Albany Intermediate School
New Albany Primary School
New Albany Early Learning Center
Counseling Services, Mental Health Services, Prevention Services
We are lucky to have so many professionals who support the social-emotional needs of our students. However it can be a little tricky to know who to contact if you are concerned about a child
or just want to brainstorm ideas. This is your quick and easy reference for knowing who does what and how we work together to help children.