Welcome to the New Albany Food Pantry
The New Albany Food Pantry is part of Healthy New Albany and is dedicated to serving the hunger needs of our community with dignity and respect. Located on the NAPLS district campus, the pantry offers qualified clients bi- monthly access to food staples, both fresh and shelf stable. The Pantry is a certified Mid-Ohio Food Collective partner.
The mission of the New Albany Food Pantry (NAFP) is to eliminate food insecurity within the New Albany-Plain Local School District by connecting our neighbors in need with food and other critical resources.
Two main initiatives fall under the NAFP umbrella:
- Providing access to food through open pantry hours; as well as assistance for those facing emergency food crisis.
- Serving the needs of the community by providing access to a network of resources for those in need.
- Developing our Cooking Education Program to provide healthier options for clients
- Continuing to expand our Resource Library with non-food related direct services, such as our English Language Learners Program, and connecting clients to outside public services to address other health related issues
- Expanding Outreach to Seniors, Veterans, and Disabled Members within our Community with an emphasis on racial and ethnic diversity
- Increasing our reach and awareness into all NAPLS buildings
- Implementing a new Nutritious Foods Program for clients that thoughtfully embraces cultural differences
New Albany Food Pantry Primary Services:
- Food Pantry – Located on the NAPLS district campus, the pantry offers qualified clients bi-monthly access to food staples, both fresh and shelf stable. The Pantry is a certified Mid-Ohio Food Collective partner.
- Summer Meals Program – Providing breakfast and lunch items to families in need during the summer months on a weekly basis.
- Snack Program (Pre-K thru 12th grade) – Providing snacks to students in need (during the school year) via a close partnership with counselors, principals, nurses, and other key staff.
- Community Open Kitchen – Multi-cultural cooking classes for clients, families, and community.
- Holiday Support Resources – Thanksgiving and other holiday related items such as food basket preparation, special provisions, and the organization of community-coordinated food drives.
- Client Resource Library – For basic, non-food-related client needs such as clothing, furniture, utility assistance, counseling, English Language Learning (ELL), job assistance, etc.
- Emergency Grocery Provisions – Provided as necessary.
- Tower Garden Curriculum – Growing produce for the pantry with a tower garden, in partnership with NAPLS and their E3 Learning Lab.
New Albany Food Pantry Contacts
The New Albany Food Pantry is available to all residents of New Albany and anyone who lives within the New Albany-Plain Local School District
The Pantry is open the 2nd & 4th weeks of the month on:
Thursdays: 1:30-6:30 PM
Fridays: 2:30-6:30 PM
Saturdays: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
How to Schedule an Appointment
If you would like to schedule an appointment to shop at the Pantry, please call (614) 413-7907.
- Spanish-speaking staff members are available every day
- Families may schedule two (2) visits to the Pantry each month
We are located at 79 N. High Street, Room 105, in the NAPLS Annex Building
Follow us: @newalbanyfoodpantry
Hosting a Food Drive
For every dollar donated, NAFP is able to purchase $9 worth of food and groceries. The need is constant. It is an honor to stretch your donor dollars on behalf of local families in need. Click here to make a monetary donation to NAFP.