Transportation Policies & Procedures
The Transportation Department has specified the following bus procedures help to insure the safe and efficient transfer of students between home and school:
- Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic and away from the bus stops.
- Behavior at school bus stop must not threaten life, limb, or property of any individual.
- Pupils must go directly to an available or assigned seat.
- Pupils must remain seated, keeping aisles and exits clear.
- Pupils must observe classroom conduct and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
- Pupils must not use profane language.
- Pupils must refrain from eating and drinking on the bus except as required by medical conditions.
- Pupils must not use tobacco on the bus.
- Pupils must not have alcohol or drugs in their possession on the bus except for prescription medication required for the student.
- Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from, or into the bus.
- Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held in their laps. No glass permitted.
- Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they have been assigned unless they have parental and administrative authorization to do otherwise.
- Pupils must not put head or arms out of the bus window