Concord Counseling Services, in partnership with New Albany- Plain Local Schools, is offering a variety of FREE Summer Groups to all students in grades 7-12 within the school district. Prevention services can benefit all students! The goal is to foster healthy, adaptive coping skills to more effectively manage life stressors. All students are encouraged to register. At this time, please only sign up for TWO groups per child. If there are spaces still available closer to the registration deadline, you will receive an email indicating you can sign up for more groups if you wish. Groups are determined by the grade your child will be entering. For example, if your child is going to be a 9th grader in the fall, please sign up for the group that is for their 2019-2020 school year.
Services offered over the summer include education, group services for youth, as well as discussing referrals with parents, as needed.
Each group session will be a week long, Monday-Friday. All summer groups will take place at New Albany High School at 7600 Fodor Road. All student groups and parenting classroom locations are listed on the group description page.
Services are FREE to students who attend New Albany- Plain Local Schools.
- Only six students per group are permitted. First come, first serve.
- Parents will need to register their students prior to attending. Registration ends May 31st.
- Students must bring their completed permission slip on the first day of class. Students WILL NOT be allowed to participate without the slip.
- See below for a list and detailed description of groups.
- All students must have their own transportation to groups at the High School.
- Please note that if a group is full, you can register your child on the "waitlist" and we will notify you if a spot opens up.
To complete the registration process, be sure to print and sign the "Permission Form" and have your child bring it the first day of group. If you have any other questions, please contact Ms. Sherri Grimone via email at Grimone.email@example.com.