New Albany-Plain Local Schools is happy to announce the adoption of an innovative mobile device app and website entitled, Here Comes the Bus®.
Here Comes the Bus is free to NAPLS parents and enables you to:
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus both before and after school
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Confirm that your child’s bus has arrived at the bus stop, at school or both
- Receive a push notification* or email message when the bus is near your stop.
How to Get Started:
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app or visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click “Sign Up”
- Enter NAPLS school code 87572, Click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile”
- Under “My Students” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and PowerSchool student ID number
- Once you confirm your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus.
Parents are reminded that students are required to arrive at the bus stop five minutes prior to the bus arrival.
When setting up your notification radius on the app, please make sure to set it at least one mile to allow time for your student to arrive at their bus stop on time.
Here Comes the Bus is powered by Synovia Solutions™, makers of the GPS-tracking technology used by New Albany Plain Local Schools to increase safety and cost savings as it relates to our school bus fleet.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Transportation Department as listed below by email or by phone at 614-855-2033.
Creating An Account On A Mobile Device
Using Here Comes The Bus on Your Mobile Device
Creating An Account On A Computer
Using Here Comes The Bus on Your Computer
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your name
- New Albany Plain Local 5-digit School Code: 87572
- Email address you will use for your Here Comes the Bus account
- Your child’s first and last name, and student PowerSchool ID #
- Description of your question