Camp Assistants Needed
ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
RISING JUNIORS, SENIORS, AND GRADUATES - CLASS Of 2021, CLASS Of 2022, and CLASS of 2023!
Summer Counselors needed!
Are you looking for steady summer employment with evenings and weekends off?
Do you like to interact with or mentor younger students?
Do you have tons of energy, unlimited patience, and a positive attitude?
Are you adventurous and adaptable? Kind, caring, and dependable?
Are you available to work at least 7 weeks out of 8 for summer camp, beginning in June?
If you answered yes to these questions, then Eagle Summer Day Camp 2021 may just be for you!
Eagle Summer Day Camp offers weekly theme- and activity-based weekly camp experiences for kindergarten through sixth graders in the New Albany Plain Local School District. This summer will be full of arts, STEM, creativity, and ingenuity. We challenge ourselves to provide the funnest of summer fun while on our campus.
Camp is held for eight weeks - Monday June 14, through Friday August 6, 2021-excluding Monday July 5th.
Join our team!
APPLY HERE: Click the following link to access the ESC on-line application for Summer Camp Junior Counselor, job ID 14316 (ESC Council of Governments): ESDC Job Posting
Be sure to scroll down to New Albany Summer Junior Counselor- Job ID 14316- and click ‘apply’.
Please note the time commitment for this position before completing an application. For job details, see below.
New Albany offers a fun and memorable summer camp experience for families that reside within the New Albany-Plain Local School District. Summer Day Camp Junior Counselors are responsible for supporting and/or facilitating large and small group camp activities for rising first through seventh graders in areas such as imaginative play, swimming, sports, STEM, and visual and performing arts. All counselors are responsible for general safety and well-being of the campers and act as role models of respect, citizenship, and an inclusive attitude toward campers, colleagues, and the community.
Required Work Times:
**Must be available for the entirety of both staff training dates-May 22nd (8:00 am - 4:30 pm) AND June 12th (8:00 am - 4:30 pm)-plus camp closing/cleanup day on Monday August 9th**
- Possible shift assignments, based on program need, Monday through Friday:
- 6:45 am - 10:00 am
- 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 8:45 am - 1:00 pm
- 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 2:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- 2:45 pm - 6:15 pm
- Must be available 7 out of 8 weeks of camp
- Must be available for all staff training days
- High school student in good standing
- Must be at least 16 years of age, rising junior, and eligible to obtain a work permit
- Must be willing to get in the pool if needed
- Prior successful experience working with and/or supervising elementary-aged students preferred but not required
- Ability to “own your R” and to bring your best self to campus for all shifts.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work at ESDC camp for at least 7 out of 8 weeks of programming
- Perform daily contagious illness symptom self-check before coming on campus
- Actively supervise and positively interact with campers
- Maintain confidentiality of participants
- Assist in the daily operations of camp, including but not limited to preparation, organization, and clean up of materials and supplies; assist co-workers as needed
- Abide by guidelines and policies set forth by Eagle Summer Day Camp, New Albany-Plain Local Schools, and the Educational Service Center of Central Ohio
- Follow health and safety guidelines and procedures, both on and off New Albany campus, such as following the Eagle Compact, as prescribed by state and local authorities and Eagle Summer Day Camp to ensure a safe work and play environment
- Demonstrate a full range of motion to lift, reach, squat, climb, sit, walk, jog, swim or otherwise fully participate in any/all activities
- Supervise and interact with children outdoors for extended periods of time in varied weather conditions
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by coordinator, site supervisor, or lead counselor
$9.00 per hour; increases with documented experience
Coordinator of School-Age Child Care Programs, Site Supervisor and the Administration of the New Albany-Plain Local Schools