New Albany-Plain Local Schools
Where To Go For Help
See Something...Say Something.
Break the Silence...Prevent the Event
Safe School Helpline: 24 hrs./7 days a week (confidential reporting on bullying/harassment, drug/alcohol abuse, talk of suicide, violence)
1-800-4-1-VOICE ext: 359 or 1-800-418-6423 ext. 359
Click this link below to access contacts info for building administrators and counseling staff.
New Albany-Plain Local Schools Contacts
Finding a place to get help can be confusing. Identifying a provider who can respond to your needs, waiting for an appointment, and managing insurance rules about payment can complicate decisions about reaching out for services. Thankfully, there are many ways to get help with this process. Here are a few tips that might be helpful:
- Talk with your school counselor, principal, or other trusted school personnel for help and support.
- Speak with your pediatrician or other health care provider. Not only is it important for them to know about all aspects of their patient’s healthcare, most are very knowledgeable about behavioral health treatment and are important members or the behavioral health care team. Some have developed great connections with behavioral health providers in the community.
- There are many sources of referral information across the region. In addition to the ones listed elsewhere in this resource page, here are a few organizations who can help you with your search:
CONCERNED ABOUT A CHILD'S SAFETY
If you have a concern about the safety of a young person, please seek immediate help using the hotline numbers below, contacting local authorities and by alerting their guardian directly. This is especially important when school is not in session.
Local Emergency Departments that have Mental Health Assessments
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital for children ages 14 and younger
- 614-722-1800 (24 hour crisis line)
- 630 Children’s Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43205
- Ohio State University for children ages 15 and older
- 614-293-8333 (24 hour crisis line)
- 410 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
Mental Health and substance abuse services for Franklin County, Ohio. Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE
24HR. CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE
24 HOUR MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE ABUSE CRISIS INTERVENTION IN FRANKLIN COUNTY
Call 614-276-CARE (2273) if you need help.