Our Campus History
It may be hard to believe, but many of the New Albany - Plain Local School District campus buildings are now over 20 years in age or are approaching that age.
Please see a brief history below of the buildings that make up the New Albany - Plain Local Schools campus and their dates of construction.
Based on the configuration of buildings for 2017-18 school year.
Annex, constructed in 1925 - currently no students.
- Housing departments, custodial, technology, food service, HS Robotics Club
- Provides storage for grounds crew vehicles equipment, etc.
- Houses the Village Coalition Against Hunger (food pantry)
High School, multiple buildings and capacity with all buildings up to 1500
- Main academic constructed in 1994, addition in 2004
- Arts Building,constructed in 1994
- Gymnasium Bldg, constructed in 1994
- Library/Media bldg, constructed in 1994
Primary School (formerly the 2-5 Building), built in 1999
- Capacity is approx. 1200
- Housing grades 1 thru 3
Middle School, built in 2001-2002
- Capacity 1200
- Housing grades 7 & 8
Middle & High School Cafeteria/Gymnasium 2001-2002
- Building houses cafeteria service for middle and high school
- Gymnasium is for middle school
Early Learning Center (formerly K-1), built in 2002
- Capacity at any one point in time seeing that it houses 1/2 day kindergarten programs and all day first grade is 489 students.
- In 2016-17 approx. 650 there now seeing that all but three classes of kindergarten were 1/2 day programs.
- Capacity - 600
McCoy Center built in 2008
- Partnership between district, city of New Albany & Plain Township
- Managed by the Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA)
Intermediate School (formerly the 2-8 Building), fully open in 2015
- Capacity 1200
- Housing grades 4 thru 6