Frequently Asked Questions About Enrolling

  • Note: Kindergarten students must be five years of age by August 1 of the year they enter kindergarten in order to be enrolled to attend school.

    What Should I Submit?

    Please view the District Enrollment Requirements Checklist for a list of documents required for enrollment.

    What Constitutes Proof of Residency?

    Two (2) forms of proof of residency are required to verify residency:

    A phone bill or cable bill may not be used as proof of residency.

    What if I've Moved, but Still Within the District?

    Download a Change of Address Form, complete it, and turn it into your child's building secretary along with proof of residency for the new address.

    What if My Child Has Special Education Needs?

    Make sure to explain your child's special needs in your online application or email the district registrar at

    What if My House in New Albany Schools is Still Under Construction?

    Non-Resident Families who will be moving into the New Albany-Plain Local School District, are asked to complete the Application for Parents Enrolling Students Based Upon the Purchase of A House or Completion of Building a House Form. The information will be reviewed by the Superintendent or the Superintendent’s designee, and a determination will be made regarding attendance and tuition. Students from families building or buying a home in the district who are waiting for possession and are non-residents, will have ninety (90) calendar days from the date of enrollment to establish residency in the New Albany-Plain Local School District. Tuition will begin on the 91st day if residency and/or possession has not been established.