New Albany-Plain Local Schools
Part Time Job Opportunity for Adults/College Students - Child Care Workers Needed
Before/After Care Activity Specialist - College Student/Adult Employee
Are you kind, caring, dependable, and energetic?
Do you like making a difference in the lives of students?
Do you want to work and have evenings and weekends free?
Our Eagle's Nest Before- and After-School Child Care is looking for adults to join our team.
Free tuition for your Kindergarten through 5th grade NAPLS student during your scheduled shift!
Morning AND/OR afternoon shifts are available.
Starting salary up to $15 per hour, based on relevant education and experience.
To apply: Contact Angela Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Work Days:
New Albany-Plain Local School District Calendar school days for the 2022-2023 school year, plus staff development days
Morning (6:15 am- 9:15/9:30 am) and /or afternoon (2:45/3:15 pm - 6:15/6:30 pm) shifts Monday through Friday
Orientation, staff training days (full day, usually one or two Saturdays per year) first training date - Saturday August 13, 2022
High School Diploma or equivalent
Successfully pass state and federal background checks
Demonstrate a positive attitude, a cooperative mindset and high level of energy
Exemplify compassion for and an inclusive approach with a diverse student population and coworkers
Previous experience working with children preferred but not required
Commitment to following state and local health mandates and guidelines both on and off campus
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Follow procedures to safeguard the physical and emotional health and safety of children
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with children, coworkers, families, and the NAPLS community
- Provide exemplary customer service to our families and visitors
- Assist Coordinator and Site Supervisor in the implementation of program activities
- Prepare the student environment, including activity areas, outdoors, and eating spaces
- Supervise and interact with children outdoors for extended periods of time in varied weather conditions
- Demonstrate understanding of current childcare practices and philosophy through training/experience
- Demonstrate a full range of motion to lift, reach, squat, climb, sit, walk, jog, swim or otherwise fully participate in any/all activities
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned
Starting at $15 per hour, commensurate with experience
Coordinator of the Before/After School Care Program