New Albany-Plain Local Schools
Transporting children is a shared responsibility between home and school. The district is responsible for children once they have boarded the bus. Families are responsible for the safety and supervision of their children to and from the designated stop as well as while they are waiting for school transportation.The district also asks the parents to reinforce with their children the importance of obeying the bus rules. Such rules ensure the safety and welfare of all riders. If a child repeatedly violates these rules, thus jeopardizing everyone's safety, the student may ultimately be denied the privilege of riding the bus.Thus, parents support for behaving appropriately in transit is essential.
If you have any problem or concern related to the bus, you are encouraged to write the driver a note or to phone (614) 855-2033 to reach the bus garage. Please try not to interrupt the bus schedule by talking directly with the driver while he or she is on the route.
Did you know…
- There are currently 45 school buses, seven vans and three SUV's in the fleet.
- There are 37 full-time drivers, two Route Specialists, and four Route Drivers.
- The fleet covers 22 High School and Middle School routes, 22 K-5 routes, four midday Kindergarten routes, two midday Pre-K special needs routes, six out-of-district routes, and three special needs routes.
- There are 12 other maintenance/transportation vehicles that the transportation department maintains.
- There are two mechanics that currently maintain and service our entire fleet.
- Bus drivers receive mandatory in-services every year and get re-certified every six years.
- Bus driver certification includes a four-part written test, physical exam, federal and state background check, driver abstract (the driver abstract is monitored nightly through the state of Ohio), 15 hours classroom training, 30 to 40 hours of on-the-bus instruction, and a two-part driving test.
Transportation Complex10160 Johnstown RoadNew Albany, OH 43054Phone: 614-855-2033Fax: 614-855-4030Office StaffLinda Honaker*, CoordinatorSabrina Lycans, SecretaryPaul Helman, MechanicJoe Bowles, Mechanic*To ensure a timely response, please send same email to Honaker and Lycans.