The New Albany - Plain Local School District remains committed to the safety and security of our students, staff and learning environments. To ensure everyone’s safety, we continue to partner with our local law enforcement, fire fighters, and other first responders to make necessary improvements.Security checkpoints include:
- Identification badges for employees, students in grades six through twelve, and visitors.
- Locked exterior doors, with main entrances with secure vestibules with door lockdown mechanisms.
- Security cameras throughout campus.
- A dedicated school resource officer to patrol our buildings.
- Teachers and staff in hallways during passing periods.
Additionally, the New Albany – Plain Local Board of Education visitor policy requires visitors to produce valid photo identification upon arrival. Valid photo identification may include a driver’s license, state identification card, or passport. Our Badge Pass check-in system verifies that the visitor is permitted on our school campus and is not a registered sex offender in the national database.