The New Albany - Plain Local School District remains committed to a safe and secure learning environment for our students, staff and community. We continue to partner with the New Albany Police Department, the Plain Township Fire Department, and other first responders to make necessary enhancements and improvements to our facilities. In addition, we have worked across campus to update our visitor and volunteer policies and procedures.
Measures taken to optimize safety and security include:
• Reconstructed school building entrances at all of our buildings, with new entry ways and door lock down mechanisms to increase main entry security at our schools,
• Training for staff on police-endorsed safety and security protocols,
• Frequent fire and lock down drills with our students in age appropriate ways,
• Text messaging alerts for parents and guardians, and
• Updated volunteer and visitor policies via action by our Board of Education.
Our ultimate priority is to provide the safest learning environment possible for all students, staff and visitors on our school campus.