The Eagle Enrichment program (formally known as IMPACT) at New Albany Schools is an enrichment program for all ages that provides individuals with the opportunity to explore and broaden their interests in art, literature, mathematics, music, wellness and science through short-term classes. The program occurs during the fall, winter and spring seasons of the school year.
Eagle Enrichment Yearly Schedule
2016-2017 School YearFall Session: October 24 - December 8 (No EE week of 11/21/16)
Winter Session: February 6 - March 23 (No EE week of 2/20/17)Spring Session: April 24 - May 25
Policies and Procedures
K-1 Elementary Dismissal
- Dismissal - Parents will need to park in the school parking lots (front or side/south) and come into the school building to pick-up (and sign-out) the students. Eagle Enrichment classroom locations will be posted in the main lobby of the building of the school. Information regarding parent sign-out will be outlined and explained in the lobby during the first week of classes. Please only park in designated spaces. Parking in the fire lane is not permitted.
- Late Pick-up -Eagle Enrichment classes end promptly at 4:45 p.m. Any student not picked up by 4:55 p.m. will be taken to the front lobby and signed in by an instructor for further supervision. A late pick-up fee of $5.00 for every 5 minutes after 4:55 p.m. that a child is not picked up from the K-1 Elementary Lobby will be assessed. Fees will be charged to your existing PayForIt account and must be paid in full within 5 business days of the occurrence.
- Please note: There is no transportation to Ready Set Grow or Eagles Nest after Eagle Enrichment classes. Parents are responsible for making their own arrangements if participating in K-1 Eagle Enrichment classes, when offered.
2-5 Elementary Dismissal
- Arrival - Parents are to deliver each child to the classroom location unless the class meets directly after school. The Eagle Enrichment instructors will be in the Elementary cafeteria at 3:45 p.m. to assist students to their Eagle Enrichment classes that meet directly after school.
- Dismissal - All classes held in the 2-5 Elementary or the 2-8 Learning Facility will be dismissed in the 2-8 parent pick-up loop. (Chatham Green entrance) Students will be signed out curbside. No need to enter the building. Pick-up will be a continuous process. If parents need to park, please use a designated parking spot.
- Late Pick-up - Eagle Enrichment classes end promptly at 5:00 p.m. Any student not picked up by 5:10 p.m. will be taken to Eagles Nest and signed in by an instructor for further supervision. A late pick-up fee of $5.00 for every 5 minutes after 5:10 p.m. that a child is not picked up from the Eagles Nest Program Area (2-5 Elementary Cafeteria) will be assessed. Fees will be charged to your existing PayForIt account and must be paid in full within 5 business days of the occurrence.
- Please note: There is no transportation to Ready Set Grow after Eagle Enrichment classes. Parents are responsible for making their own arrangements.
- Normal classroom behavior is expected. Eagle Enrichment classes are intended to be a fun learning experience. The instructor will write up disruptive behavior and the student will be verbally warned. Continuous disruptive behavior will result in permanent dismissal from the class without a refund. Parents will be notified by the Eagle Enrichment Coordinator of their child's dismissal.
- All other school rules and regulations found in the student handbook apply to Eagle Enrichment classes.
If you wish to cancel a class, you must login to your account and cancel your class online. Cancellations or changes made prior to the listed class deadline will incur no penalty. Fees will be refunded for cancelled classes. No refunds will be given after the class begins.
If you have cancelled your class before the required deadline your refund will be processed and returned to you by check from New Albany-Plain Local Schools. If you do not receive your refund within fourteen business days, please contact the Administrative Office at 614-855-2040.
Do you have a special talent, hobby or interest that you are willing to share? Are you available to teach a class after school? Are you interested in teaching an Eagle Enrichment Class? If so, please email email@example.com for additional information.