New Albany High School
Please complete a transcript release form for the College Center to process your college applications. If you are not 18 years of age, remember to have your parent sign the form before turning it in. If using the Common App to apply to schools, you'll need to sign the FERPA waiver on the common application and match your common application to your Naviance account. This must be done before we can send any Common App school forms through Naviance. Instructions on how to sign the FERPA waiver and match Common App with Naviance are available below.
You can fill out the online form below.
Graduates and Authorized Third Parties
For your convenience, former students and authorized third parties can now request transcripts and graduation verifications online. Simply click on this link to get started.
Former Student Transcript Requests/ Verifications
You will receive a confirmation email when your order is placed and a status update email once your request has been processed. Phone, mail, email and fax requests will not be processed.
What is FERPA?
FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
1. FERPA gives you the right to review confidential letters of recommendation under certain circumstances if:
- You are enrolled in college and that college saves the recommendations for enrolled students, or
- You are 18 or older
2. In the Common Application you'll be asked if you want to waive this right. Why would you want to do that?
- Waiving your right lets colleges know that you do not intend to read your recommendations, which helps reassure colleges that the letters are candid and truthful
- Some recommenders may refuse to write a letter for you uless you wiave your rights
- The college or university doesn't save recommendations post-matriculation (you can check if a school saves recommendations post-matriculation in the My Colleges tab.
FERPA waiver instructions
Signing the FERPA waiver
- Go to the Common Application
- Create an account at www.commonapp.org
- Go to College Search tab - add colleges that you're applying to
- Go to Education tab - add NAHS as your high school
- Go to My Colleges - assign recommenders and sign FERPA (see below for more information)
Go to Naviance
- Log onto Naviance at www.student.naviance.com/new-albany
- From the home page, click on Colleges I'm Applying To
- In the pink box at the top of the page, click on Match Accounts
- Enter your Common App email and your birthdate in the boxes at the bottom of the page
- Click Match Accounts
We are not able to process your transcript request until you match your Common App and Naviance accounts.