Welcome to New Albany High School Theatre
NA Theatre believes that the dramatic arts are an essential academic subject that help prepare students for college and career readiness. The theatre program functions as a core curricular area and produces well-rounded and civically-engaged theatrical artists. Every student has the opportunity to participate in a meaningful theatrical experience that cultivates the aesthetic, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of the child.
The arts, specifically theatre, teach students invaluable 21st-century skills like:
- Agility and adaptability
- Collaboration across networks
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Curiosity and imagination
These skills will enable them to thrive not only in their chosen profession but, most importantly, in life.
NA Theatre cultivates four artistic processes that are the way the brain and body make art and define the link between art-making and the learner.
- Creating: Conceiving and developing new artistic ideas and work.
- Performing: Realizing artistic ideas and work through interpretation and presentation.
- Responding: Understanding and evaluating how the arts convey meaning.
- Connecting: Relating artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and external context.
These processes are rigorously honed through the NA Theatre's productions and its curriculum, beginning with Introduction to Drama and Stagecraft. The curriculum continues with Acting the Method and is followed by Honors Actor's Studio. It concludes with Introduction to the Theatre - KC, which is a collegiate level course taught through Kenyon College's KAP program. More information about each of these classes can be found on their individual pages.
New Albany High School Theatre Department
Calendar at a Glance
- Footloose the Musical, November 15th at 7:30 p.m., November 16th at 7:30 p.m., November 17th at 2:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
24 Hour TheatreSaturday, January 12th at 7 p.m.McCoy Community Center for the Arts - Schottenstein Auditorium
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the NighttimeThursday, April 18th at 7:30 p.m.Friday, April 19th at 7:30 p.m.Saturday, April 21st at 2:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.Thursday, April 26th at 7:30 p.m.Friday, April 27th at 7:30 p.m.Saturday, April 28th at 7:30 p.m.Sunday, April 29th at 2:30 p.m.McCoy Community Center for the Arts - Mershad Hall
Thespian BanquetWednesday, May 15th
ShowcaseFriday, May 17th at 7 p.m.Mini Theater
Heathers the MusicalSummer 2019McCoy Community Center for the Arts - Mershad Hall
American High School Theatre Festival (AHSTF) at the Edinburgh Festival FringeSummer 2019