Academic Eligibility Requirements
OHSAA and New Albany Middle School have the following academic requirements for eligibility:
- Eligibility is determined by the grades a student-athlete receives the previous grading period and begins with the 1st grading period of a student’s 7th grade year. (i.e. all incoming 7th grade students are academically eligible for fall sports)
- MS student-athletes must receive passing grades in 75% of their core academic classes (those meeting daily). Two or more failing grades in core academic classes would result in being considered ineligible.
- New Albany MS requires that student-athletes maintain a 1.5 grade point average (GPA) based on a 4.0 grading system.
- To participate, student-athletes may not have unexcused absences from school on the day of or the day before an athletic contest or practice.
- Student-athletes must be present in school 4 or more periods the day of an athletic contest or practice to participate.
- Student-athletes who are suspended from school or who accumulate 3 or more days in the Alternative Learning Center are denied participation in at least one contest