Friday, May 11, 2012
- All German 4 students going on the German Village field trip need to be at the bus loop at 9:00am today.
- Attention High School Girl’s Track Team; if you are no longer participating, please turn in your uniform to the High School Athletic Office or you can drop off your uniform in the cafeteria during early morning breakfast from 7:15am-7:30am or during lunch from 10:30am-11:30am. Please put your uniform, along with your name in the Bin marked “Girl’s Track”.
- Attention all student drivers; absolutely no underclassmen parking in senior lots through June 1st. Violations may result in school discipline and loss of future parking privileges.
- Attention seniors. You may return textbooks not needed for classes to the Upper Library anytime in the next two weeks.
- Attention juniors. If you are interested in the Central Ohio Leadership Academy this summer, applications are in the College Center. The deadline is Monday, May 14th.
- Students, if you are 17 years old or older, and would like to donate blood you can do so at our next Blood Drive on Tuesday, May 15th. Please sign up in the E Office.
Service hours will be available starting next week for Founders Day activities, including elementary art show setup and event setup on May 19th. Information is available in Mrs. Sage’s room, L 104.
If you are interested in exploring the exciting and ever changing world of fashion, learn from some of the best as a Nordstrom Fashion Board Member! The deadline to submit your application to Nordstrom Easton Town Center is May 15th. Pick up an application in the Counseling Center on the wall outside Mrs. Cuthbert’s Office. Good Luck!
- There will be an informational meeting for all girls interested in trying out for New Albany High School Football and Basketball cheerleading on Tuesday, May 15th at 3:00 pm in Mrs. Hacker’s room 253. Tryout packets will be available as well as important information regarding cheerleading camp. If you are unable to attend please see Mrs. Hacker for information. Tryouts will be June 11th-June 14th and camp will be June 24th-27th.
- Auditions for next year’s A CAPPELLA SINGERS are underway! All interested students are invited to try-out, regardless of experience in choir. You must be prepared to sing a short solo – preferably WITH music accompaniment, and to sight read. Ms. Horton is available by appointment during her office hours or after school. Please email her to set up a time to audition.
- This summer there are numerous academic opportunities in a variety of subject areas. There are several science, math, arts, and social studies classes available for credit. There are also classes for enrichment, like ACT/SAT test prep, OGT test prep, and Latin. See the district website for more information.
- Do you have a broken cell phone or iPod and don’t know what to do with it? Recycle your old, used, and broken electronics and help raise money for New Albany! Acceptable items include cell phones, iPods and MP3 players, laptops, ink cartridges, digital and video cameras, handheld video games, and graphing calculators. Drop off electronics in the marked boxes located in science teacher’s rooms by May 14th.