The New Albany-Plain Local Schools’ Board of Education has created the following goals as guiding principals in fulfilling our responsibilities to the school district and to our community.
- Commit to student achievement, strategic planning, strategic planning and promoting the district’s mission.
- Establish and abide by a protocol for our interaction with each other, staff, and the community.
- To abide by the code of ethics of the Ohio State school boards association;
- To strive sincerely to build better relationships with one another, the staff, and the community;
- To focus on governance through emphasis on planning, policy development, and public relations rather than becoming involved in management of schools;
- To prepare ourselves carefully before each meeting, so that when we have the floor, we can make comments that are concise, organized, and clear;
- To establish goals for our school district and to make sure the community is aware of these goals;
- To commit to a thorough and effective evaluation process for the Board, the Superintendent, and the Treasurer.
- Commit to a transparency of process to provide accountability.