Looking forward to the Week of November 12, 2012…
$2 Challenge – Students will have the opportunity to participate in this Challenge.
- Nov. 13 Currently set for grades 6-12. Students will be asked to keep track of their spending on food over the course of one day inside and outside of the school environment.
- Nov. 14 students will try to live on just $2.
- Nov. 15 students have the option to donate the difference to Zanmi Beni Orphanage. Collections will occur in the cafeteria.
The hope is to teach students about how difficult it is to live on such a small amount and serve as a reminder of what we have in the U.S. It is an activity geared to reveal the stark differences between life in our country vs. Haiti and other Least Developed Countries (LDC), create awareness about health issues and resources, and change behavior. Color photographs of Haitian life will be the centerpieces on all lunch tables along with a “fish bowl” filled with mini Swedish fish candy bags and Farmer Fact cards.
Fundraising @ Legally Blonde: The Musical
- Donation space at each performance November 15 – 18, 2012 at the Jeanne B. McCoy Community Center for the Arts
- Hand In Hand with Haiti bracelet sales