Over 150 people joined the New Albany – Plain Local Board of Education, district administration and staff for the official groundbreaking ceremony Monday June 10, 2013 for the District’s new student-centered learning facility. Superintendent April Domine and School Board President Laura Kohler provided remarks and invited campaign chair and father of three New Albany students, John McClelland to provide a family perspective of what this addition to the campus means to the community.
“So many of you in this room have committed much of your time, talent and experience to our development of this building,” said Superintendent Dr. April Domine. “I am incredibly grateful for your efforts, your support and most of all your time. You are an essential partner with the district as we tell the story of how this building has been developed through collaboration, shared expertise, valued input and feedback. We are building this as a community because this facility is not simply for our students, teachers and staff it belongs to all of us.”
For the official dig, representatives from a variety of our community partners, school board members and students took up a shovel as the district “broke ground” on the new facility.
- John McClelland, Angelika McClelland with Evan (4th grade) and Ellie (2nd grade)
- Diane Goedeking, former 20-year School Board Member and former Board President with granddaughters of Maddie Miller (7th grade); Maria Miller (8th grade)
- Board President Laura Kohler with Students; Kelci Winters (12th grade) and Karrington Winters (11th grade)
- Board Vice President Mike Klein, with daughters Loren (8th grade) & Maya (6th grade)
- Board Member Cheri Lehman, with son Parker Lehmann (9th grade)
- Board Member Natalie Matt with husband Will Matt and kids; Eliza (12th grade), Charlotte (10th grade), Sophie (8th grade)
- Board Member Mark Ryan with daughter Caroline Ryan (7th grade)
- Representing the City of New Albany, City Council President Pro Tem Chip Fellows with Students; Rana Odabas (10th grade), Jeremy Stineman (3rd grade)
- Representing Plain Township, Trustee Dave Ferguson with Students; Nathan Heidbreder (6th grade), Jaiden Gupta (3rd grade) and Keegan Gupta (7th grade)
- Representing our Facility Advisory Committee, Chair Tracy Hohman & Kids; Sarah (7th grade), Meghan (5th grade), Rachel (3rd grade) Hohman
- Faculty & Staff Facility Advisory – Andy Roeth, 2-5 Dean of Students with Students: Student Grant Heidbreder (2nd grade), Hayden Hatten (12th grade) and Trevor Lambert (12th grade)
- Superintendent Dr. April Domine with Diane Goedeking’s grandchildren Kacie Currier (3rd Grade); Lanie Currier (6th grade)
Thank you to all that joined us and for your ongoing support as we continue to reinvent education at New Albany – Plain Local schools.