The New Albany – Plain Local Board of Education has established strategic goals for the 2013-2014 school year. Adopted at the August 26, 2013 board meeting, these goals build upon the previous five goals that were in place last school year. Additional goals have also been established related to human capital, operations and financial reporting and accountability.
- GOAL 1: Increase Student Achievement
- GOAL 2: Strengthen Positive School Culture
- GOAL 3: Design New System of Evaluation and Professional Growth
- GOAL 4: Expand International Focus
- GOAL 5: Improve Communication & Collaboration
- GOAL 6: Develop Human Capital
- GOAL 7: Reach Critical Milestones in Strategic Development
- GOAL 8: Ensure Financial Accountability and Transparency
To become the leader in reinventing education.
To ensure the development of high-achieving, ethical, self-directed, and intellectually curious citizens of the world.
To provide a culture that encourages students to pursue and realize their dreams and aspirations through passionate, inspired teaching and learning and personalized programs and services accomplished in collaboration with our entire community.
• A commitment to excellence is crucial to becoming our best.
• Diversity strengthens and enriches our communities.
• Integrity is essential to successful relationships.
• Intellectual curiosity develops life-long learners who are prepared for a changing world.
• Service to others creates a caring and compassionate community.
• Stewardship of the environment is vital to preserve it for future generations.
• Intellectual, social, emotional, and physical balance is necessary to achieve well-being.
• Dreams are opportunities that inspire creativity, innovation, and achievement.
• Collaboration strengthens our schools and communities.
• Open and honest communication is critical to effective relationships.
• Celebrating success instills pride and confidence and inspires future success.
• 100% of our students will have the knowledge and skills to identify and meet real-life challenges.
• 100% of our students will have the awareness and competence to succeed in a global society.
• 100% of our students will have the skills to achieve their aspirations.
• 100% of our students will be self-directed learners.
• 100% of our students will be ethical, informed, and engaged citizens.
• 100% of our students will have a life-long passion for learning.
Our Parameters for Decision-Making
• Excellence is always expected.
• We will always support innovation that enhances the performance of our students and staff.