New Albany – Plain Local Schools is Now Hiring!
New Albany-Plain Local Schools is now accepting applications for the position of Middle School Principal. You will find a job description and application details below. Thank you for considering New Albany-Plain Local Schools, where our vision is to become the leader in reinventing education!
New Albany Middle School Principal
The New Albany Middle School has been led in the 2012-2013 school year by Interim Principal Kip Greenhill and Assistant Principals Elizabeth Gonda and Steve Gehlert. The district is now poised to begin the search for a permanent replacement in the Principal position to lead New Albany Middle School.
Position: Principal – New Albany Middle School
Closing Date Extended: March 15, 2013
Date Posted: December 21, 2012
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2013
Location: New Albany Middle School, New Albany, Ohio
The New Albany – Plain Local School District is seeking a dynamic, innovative Middle School Principal who will work with the Superintendent and the administrative team to support the district mission to “develop high-achieving, ethical, self-directed, intellectually curious citizens of the world” by “becoming the leader in reinventing education.”
New Albany Middle School educates nearly 1200 students in grades 6, 7, and 8. The school is located on a central campus that also includes the high school and elementary schools, opening great possibilities for partnering with other schools to meet individual student needs. The New Albany-Plain Local School district is located 20 miles northeast of downtown Columbus, in the city of New Albany. The school district serves approximately 4,447 students, kindergarten through twelfth grade, and covers an area of 23 square miles.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in leading implementation of the five district goals at the Middle School: 1) Increase Student Achievement, 2) Strengthen Positive School Culture, 3) Design New System of Evaluation and Professional Growth, 4) Expand International Focus, and 5) Improve Communication and Collaboration.
The Middle School Principal will demonstrate skill, expertise and leadership across the Ohio Standards for School Principals:
- Vision of a Global Educational Environment
- Continuous Improvement
- Communication and Collaboration
- Instructional Leadership
- Use of research of effective educational models
- Ensure the effective and consistent implementation of the Common Core standards for student learning.
- Provide leadership in infusing global studies throughout the curriculum and expanding global learning initiatives and opportunities at New Albany Middle School, including study of the International Baccalaureate program.
- Conduct extensive data analysis and benchmarking and lead the use of data to guide the growth and development of student learning.
- Integrate best practices and research into the continuous learning of the school to accelerate improvement and innovation, enhance student learning and strengthen positive school culture.
- Develop and assess academic goals and long term academic, curricular, and instructional planning.
- Facilitate collaboration and a culture of embedded professional learning among educators, working with teacher leaders and building professional learning teams in the building and district wide as an active collaborative member of the District Leadership Team.
- Implement a newly developed teacher evaluation system that includes student growth as a measure of performance and provides feedback, growth, and development for staff.
- Plan professional development opportunities for staff, including the interpretation of data, curriculum mapping, and best practices.
- Ensure effective collection and analysis of student performance data to identify struggling students, curriculum shortfalls, and teacher performance/quality issues.
- Support teachers in differentiating curriculum and instructional implementation.
In addition to extensive experience and expertise in education and in leading collaborative change, the Middle School Principal should possess knowledge and/or experience in some of the following areas:
- International education, International Baccalaureate, international schools, PISA, TIMMS, etc.
- Recent school reform initiatives such as Race to the Top, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, New Teacher Project, Battelle for Kids, Knowledge Works, etc.
- Quality Improvement or Efficiency systems or organizations such as Baldridge or TQM.
- Extensive data analysis and use of the statistical information to engage staff for improving student learning.
Experience as a head principal is strongly preferred; however other experience at an equivalent level of senior management may also accepted.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Passion for excellence and continual learning/professional growth.
- Vision for preparing students for lifetime learning.
- Belief that every student can succeed.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Commitment to high expectations, values and mission of the district.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge as an educational innovator.
- Extensive knowledge of research and best practices in education.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and engagement skills.
- Ability to maintain relationships with entire school community.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes excellent benefits.
Please send a compelling cover letter and resume to Marilyn Troyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Albany-Plain Local Schools is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities and women.