As a Learning Community it is our joint responsibility to create and maintain an atmosphere where students, staff, parents, and visitors feel safe, respected, and valued. The harassment, bullying, or intimidation of staff, students, or other individuals will not be tolerated on school property or at any school-sponsored activities.
Bullying Incident Reports
Unacceptable Student Conduct
Harassment, intimidation, or bullying can include many different behaviors including intent to ridicule, humiliate, or intimidate another student or school personnel. Examples of conduct that constitute prohibited behaviors include:
- Bullying, harassment, or intimidation that involves violent behavior
- Persuading another student to hit or harm another
- Name-calling, making critical remarks, threatening, or teasing (in-person or by other means)
- Extortion, damage, or stealing of money and/or possessions
- Spreading harmful rumors or gossip
- Making rude and/or threatening gestures
- Intimidating, extorting, or exploiting
- Electronic / cyber bullying (Facebook, phone, texts, Twitter, etc.)
- Violence within a dating relationship
Anonymous Reporting of Bullying Incidents (Safe School Helpline)
Students, parents, or staff members may report bullying incidents to either directly to school personnel or anonymously, through the Safe Schools Help Line. All reports will be promptly investigated.
Notification can take place via the Safe School Helpline Web page (www.safeschoolhelpline.com) or by calling 1-800-418-6423.
Complaint Reporting and Investigation Process
It’s important that any concern regarding recurring bullying behavior be reported as soon as possible.
Read: Investigation Process: Reports of Bullying or Harassment (pdf)