Click here for more information about Kindergarten enrollment.
What Should I Bring?
Barring unique circumstances, most families will need to bring the following items with them to their registration appointment. When you schedule your appointment you can ask about any special circumstances or additional forms you may need to bring.
- Completed Student Registration form (Form #5111 F9)
- Birth Certification for Student
- Residency Verification (See below for details)
- Immunization Records
- Medical History Form
- Custody Documentation (If applicable)
- Completed Request for Records Form (for transfer students)
- Valid Photo ID of parent or guardian
What Constitutes Proof of Residency?
Two (2) forms of proof of residency are required to verify residency:
- Gas or Electric Bill
- Signed Mortgage Deed or Apartment lease (Must list names of all occupants)
- Real Estate Tax Statement
- Form #5111 F10 if currently buying or building a home
- Form #5111 F6 if student is living with a legal guardian
A phone bill may not be used as proof of residency.
What if I’ve Moved, but Still Within the District?
Download a Change of Address Form, complete it, and turn it in the your child’s building secretary along with proof of residency for the new address.
What if My Child Has Special Education Needs?
Make sure to explain your child’s special needs when scheduling your appointment.
What if My House in New Albany Schools is Still Under Construction?
If you’re building or buying a new home in the district and you will not occupy this residence prior to the enrollment of your student, you must complete Form #5111 F10.
Once the paperwork has been completed and submitted you will be permitted a maximum of 90 calendar days to complete construction and occupy your new residence. Proof of residency will be required once you move into your new home. If your residence is not completed within the 90 day time frame then you will be billed tuition for your student’s attendance. Details are available from the building secretary at your child’s school.